During this introductory course, you will Learn core Desktop skills and gain a thorough introduction to data analysis and visual design and learn how to build views and interactive dashboards. This an official training course for Tableau Desktop Specialist Certification.
Moyo Hodari is the only certified Tableau training partner in Africa. We have expert facilitators who are actively consulting on a day-to-day basis to ensure they stay relevant to new market trends and techniques. All our facilitators have successfully completed the tableau train-the-trainer exams.
16 hours presented over a 5 day period
R10 950 per learner (excl. VAT)
Tableau Desktop (preferably version 2019.1 or later)
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Connect to your Data
- Edit and save a data source
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Design dashboards and stories using visual best practices
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations
- Represent your data using the following visualisation types:
- Cross tabs
- Geographic maps
- Heat Maps
- Tree Maps
- Pie charts and bar charts
- Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
- Highlight Tables
- Scatter Plots
- Build dashboards to share visualisations
This course is designed for the beginner Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.