Moyo is looking for an experienced Senior Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
Basic role requirements
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Good working knowledge of development methodologies and frameworks
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience as a Certified Java Developer
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Angular, React, React Native)
- Experience with test-driven development and writing unit tests following industry standards/best practice
- Experience with Public Cloud & Containerisation technologies/platforms an advantage.
- Experience with DevOps is an advantage
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Leading a team to produce quality output in an efficient manner.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Critical thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active learning: understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Systems analysis: determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Complex problem solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Systems evaluation: identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Deductive reasoning: the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive reasoning: the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Communication skills: ability to engage with high-level stakeholders, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Information order: the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Selective attention: the ability to concentrate on a task over a period without being distracted.