Moyo is looking for an experienced full stack .NET developer who is self-motivated, dynamic and interested in furthering their career in Cape Town. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your technical expertise to solve business problems while interacting with clients. The candidate will work in a DevOps team responsible for the development and support of various technology solutions developed by Moyo and Moyo Partners.
The candidate needs the ability to develop scalable software, interpret written requirements and work well within the Moyo community. The candidate also needs to have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and resolve issues quickly. The candidate must have the ability to recommend solutions to prevent problems from reoccurring and implementing improvements while keeping the overarching solution architecture in mind.
Basic role requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (IT related field)
- Preferred 3 – 5 years working experience in a technical/software related field
- Good working knowledge of development methodologies and frameworks
- Analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Deductive Reasoning, in other words the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Inductive Reasoning, in other words the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Self-driven, organised, disciplined, with attention to details and ability to carry tasks to completion
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets while maintaining a calm persona and ensuring value delivery for clients and partners
Candidates must have sound working knowledge of the following:
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- SOLID Principles
- Excellent .NET knowledge
- C# Script, VB Script
- SQL Database Design and Development
- SQL Server 2014+ and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- NET Model View Controller (MVC) or ASP.NET Web Forms
- .Net Core
- .Net WebApi
- Angular 2.0 and Up
- Entity Framework/LINQ/ADO.Net
- Web Services/Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- SOAP and REST API Styles
- Message Queueing – E.g. MSMQ, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- XML and JSON
- Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio Code
- SOA – Service Orientated Architecture
- Source Control (TFS / SVN / GIT ) + Collaboration tools (GitHub / Azure DevOps)
- Scrum/Agile Project Management Methodologies
Knowledge of following technologies is an advantage:
- OAuth 2 / JWT
- Domain Driven Design
- MSA (Microservices Architecture)
- Design Patterns
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis)
- Cloud Hosting Platforms (Microsoft Azure/AWS)
- Load Balancing
- WooCommerce / Shopify / WordPress / SiteCore and Other CMS platforms
- ETL processing (SSIS, Azure Data Factory)
- Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents)
- Critical thinking: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active learning: understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Systems analysis: determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Complex problem solving: identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Systems evaluation: identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Deductive reasoning: the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive reasoning: the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Communication skills: ability to engage with high-level stakeholders, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Information ordering: the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Selective attention: the ability to concentrate on a task over a period without being distracted.