Our client is looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. It is preferred that the individual be skilled in Angular and Native android development as the team is cross-skilled and multi-functional. We are moving towards a distributed architecture for services, and skills within this space will be advantageous.
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. The application consists of Spring boot backends, Angular Frontends and mobile applications. The Java developer’s roles and responsibilities include managing Java/Java EE application development within a Spring Boot Framework while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Analyse user and system requirements
- Design flowcharts to illustrate software solutions
- Write efficient code based on feature specifications
- Develop user interfaces
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Design database architecture
- Test and debug Java applications
- Validate software functionality and security
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs follow specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Grade 12 (Essential),
- 3-year Tertiary qualification in Computer Science (Desirable)
- Software Development in Java 4+ years (Essential)
- Angular 4+ years (Essential)
- Spring Boot 4+ years (Essential)
- Native Android 4+ years (Preferred)
- Object-Oriented Analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Implementation of RESTful interfaces
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience in developing web applications using Angular
- Experience with test-driven development
- Distributed architectural patterns and implementational knowledge
- Azure Hosting and DevOps environments
- Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related to API Security including JWT is a must