We are searching for an experienced BI Managed Services Specialist at our Gauteng (Centurion)/Western Cape (Somerset) facility.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
The BI Analyst is responsible for turning data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Responsibilities include conducting full life-cycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, database development and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Tertiary degree, diploma or certificate in a related field (BSc Computer Science, B.IT or Informatics related degrees).
Experience and knowledge:
- 7 + years of working experience as a BI Reporting Analyst, Database Developer and/or Software Consultant.
- Working Knowledge of Database design and Data analytics (specifically Power BI).
- The ideal candidate must have at least 5 + years experience in the following technologies, tools and disciplines:
- Tableau and/or Power BI
- MS SQL
- SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Big data: Hive, Pig, Flume, Sqoop, Uzi and Spark.
- Predictive Analytics: Alteryx, Python and R.
- Database Warehousing, data consolidation and reporting.
- Data analysis, design and reporting.
- Update knowledge about emerging industry or technology trends.
- Develop information communication procedures.
- Prepare analytical reports.
- Update database structures and information.
- Design and develop databases to store information for reporting.
- Document operational procedures.
- Document technical specifications or requirements.
- Provide technical support for software/technology maintenance or use.
- Data mapping and transformation.
- Researching various available technologies.
- Migrating existing client’s deliveries to new Business Intelligence platform.
- Cultivates an ongoing partnership with power users in the business, maintaining knowledge of business operations, strategies, information requirements, and priorities.
- Initiate process changes and enhancements where necessary and see to successful implementation.
- Assist the Junior Consultants in their learning curve.
- Critical thinking: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active learning: understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Complex problem solving: identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Deductive reasoning: the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Inductive reasoning: the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
- Communication skills: the ability to engage with stakeholders, both verbal and non-verbal
- Information order: the ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations)
- Selective attention: the ability to concentrate on a task over a period without being distracted
- Planning and Organising: Organised and able to plan activities and work to a plan to achieve outcomes on time at a high level of accuracy
Culture and Values:
- We seek understanding
- We make a difference
- We’ve got your back
- We are leaders
- We are reliable
- We are brave